Wednesday 24 August 2011

Yoohoo, a new review!


I love coming upon a new website-and-blog to which I want to subscribe at once. Cassie Hart first came to my notice when she and Anna Caro put together Tales for Canterbury: Survival, Hope, Future, a short story collection from which the profits go to The NZ Red Cross Earthquake Appeal. The collection (still, I''m ashamed to admit, in my to-be-read-file) features some of the same talented writers as in our own Slightly Peculiar Love Stories, which Cassie has reviewed on her site, Just One More Page. (Actually, more than 'just one more page'; there's a generous offering of books reviewed; I like the sound of Compost, but then the compost bin has always been my favourite garden playground.)

Yes, dear readers, she liked it.



5 comments:

Marylinn Kelly said...

Completely off topic, I left a response to your response at Cadence. I love your drawing of the tea accoutrements. I will be back to read more of the Rosa Mira posts. xo

Penelope said...

Oh, I'll check out Cadence; I'm not good at remembering to follow up on my footsteps, but many thanks, Marylinn.

Marylinn Kelly said...

I am the one who has wandered far afield, for, of course, it is Pam's blog, Cadence and her other is academic, for students, and for finding your (anonymous) way back there and not asking if I'd lost my mind, thank you. Sheesh.

Jayne said...

Thanks for the introduction. Off to explore! :)

Penelope said...

Glad to have you here, Jayne. I hope you found an interesting morsel or two.